The miracle cure we've all been waiting for; it can reduce your risk of major illnesses, such as heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and cancer by up to 50% and lower your risk of early death by up to 30%.听It's free, easy to take, has an immediate effect and you don't need a GP to get some. Its name? Exercise.
Adults should do some type of physical activity every day. Any type is good for you and the more you do, the better. You can include simple and more intense exercises in your daily and weekly routine. Brisk walking, pushing a lawnmower or going for a jog, as well as strengthening activities such as lifting and carrying are just some of the different ways you can stay active.听
Further information and support - Devon
- is a service set up and funded by Devon County Council to guide and support you through small steps to achieve a healthier you.
- provides details of services, voluntary groups and other organisations that can help you to stay fit and well or offer you support for specific problems or disabilities.
- , previously known as Active Devon, is an organisation that aims to transform lives through sport and physical activity.听
Further information and support - UK
Advice and recommendations for other age groups at NHS Live Well:
- The NHS Live Well site has specific information for people living with disabilities and
- has lots of useful resources for people with disabilities who want to get fit.